Inktober 2015 Inks



So Inktober 2015 is finally INKTOVER.  This year, although I had planned to do four separate weekly challenges, I ended up focusing on just the first one for the entire month, but I made sure that I did lots of sketching with a brushpen to hone other inky skills as well.  I'd originally decided to use only a brush for my Inktober challenges, as I ink with brushpens for this blog almost every day, and I ended up inking all of the fanart sketches I'd drawn in September and October as part of my quest to find a B-Style.

Every character I drew for Inktober is a character that has inspired or influenced my work or my professional outlook (except for the self portrait at the end).

All of these were inked on cold press watercolor paper with a Creative Mark Rhapsody brush using Kuretake India Ink.  These are my uncorrected scans- to see the real version, keep an eye out for the Inktober 2015 mini I'm putting together!  I plan on watercoloring these later on, so keep an eye out or that too!  I have some video recorded for a handful of these, the video will be underneath the inks.

All of these inks (and 10 new ones) are included in my new mini comic, Favorite Fictional Femmes, which will be available for purchase from me, in person, at NOCAZfest at the New Orleans Public Library.  All proceeds go to keeping my lights on, and feeding my cat and myself.

Sailor Moon, Usagi, Usagi Tsukino, Usagi and Luna
Usagi and Luna

Child of Light, Aurora
Aurora and Ignatius from Child of Light

Steven Universe, Amethyst
Baby Amethyst as a witch

Bee and Puppycat, Channel Frederator, Cartoon Hangover
Bee and Puppycat

Steven Universe, Connie
Connie from Steven Universe

Bulma, Dragonball, Dragonball, Dragonball Z
Bulma from Dragonball

GSNK, Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-Kun, Sakura Chiyo-chan
Sakura from Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun

DeeDee, Dexter's Lab, Cartoon Network, Cartoon Cartoon
DeeDee from Dexter's Lab

Bob's Burgers, Tina, Tina Belcher
Tina Belcher

Kiki's Delivery Service, Studio Ghibli fanart, Jiji
Kiki and Jiji

Sakura Kinomoto, Kinomoto Sakura, Card Captor Sakura, CLAMP
Card Captor Sakura

VEEP, Selina Meyers
Selina Meyers
Louise Belcher, Bob's Burgers, Bob's Kids
Louise Belcher

Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Madoka
Madoka

Mabel from Gravity Falls, Mabel, Mabel Pines
Mabel

Studio Ghibli fanart, My Neighbbor Totoro fanart, Satsuki and Mei from My Neighbor Totoro
Satsuki and Mei from My Neighbor Totoro

Inktober Timelapse- Nattosoup

ChiChi from Dragonball, Chichi, Dragonball
ChiChi from Dragonball

Sophie Hatter, Howl's Moving Castle, Studio Ghibli, Sophie fanart
Sophie Hatter from Howl's Moving Castle

Pony on the Cliff by the Sea, Studio Ghibli, Studio Ghibli fanart
Ponyo

Kara, from my own comic, 7" Kara
Inktober Inking Demo-Nattosoup

Sasami, Ryo Ohki, Tenchi Muyo, Tenchi, Tenchi in Tokyo, Tenchi Universe
Sasami and Ryo-Ohki from Tenchi Muyo

Sailor Moon, Makoto, Minako, Sailor Jupiter, Sailor Venus, Sailor Moon fanart
Sailor Jupiter and Venus 
Inking Sailor Jupiter and Venus for Inktober- Nattosoup




Tsukimi from Princess Jellyfish



Inktober Day 25 Timelapse- Nattosoup


, Laura Ingalls Wilder, Little House on the Prairie, Little House Series, Prairie Girl
Laura Ingalls

Anne Shirley, Anne of Green Gables, Anne of Avonlea
Anne Shirley

Isabelle, Animal Crossing, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Isabelle Fanart
Isabelle

Gaz, Invader Zim, Invader Zim fanart
Gaz from Invader Zim

Blossom Bubbles and Buttercup, Powerpuff Girls, PPG, Cartoon Network, Cartoon Cartoon
Bubbles, Blossom, and Buttercup
Yotsubato!, Yotsuba&!, Kiyohiko Azuma, Azuma Kiyohiko
Yotsuba from Yotsuba&!
Inktober Day 24

BoJack Horseman, Netflix
Princess Carolyn

A portrait of the artist

Comments