October and November Sketch Dump


It's been awhile since I've done a sketch dump, and I wish I could say it's been productive, sketch-wise.  Gone for now are the days when I'd upload forty or fifty image sketchdumps, the past few have been a scant twenty if I'm lucky.  I've been so busy completing comic pages this semester that I haven't had a lot of time to relax and sketch.  Hopefully I can remedy that during the semester break, ideally with some watercolor sketches for practice.

I have some 7" Kara concept art in my art history notebook that I'll scan shortly, but for now, here's what's been lurking in my sketchbook during the past couple months.

I'd decided that when I'd run out of business cards, I'd come up with a new design.  The end is in sight, so I guess I'd better get cracking.  Here's the sketch for it.

Some sketches done while chilling out in the artist alley of New York Comic Con.




Gesture studies.  Wish I had time to do more of these.

While doing Kara pages, I decided to work through some of my clothing reference photos and draw her in different outfits as a cool down and to keep me sketching.








Refining Kara's father's face. 

Went to see Wreck-It Ralph day before yesterday, so I drew myself and Heidi as Sugar Rush Racers.  The names are Chocolatte and Vanillabeam Crueller, and they tag team race as a special.

Welp, that brings me up to current with sketches.  I hope to have more to show shortly.

Wordcount: 256 Words

Comments