Sound Effect Practice

Inked with Copic Multiliner SP's and a Pentel Petit 3.

Same as above.
Same as above.


Inked with the Kuretake brush pen.

I have a love hate relationship with sound effects.  I really do love them, the cartoonier the better, but I have a really hard time integrating them into my work without them becoming distracting.  I think my best bet may be to use them in place of the actual object/ or taking the shape of the object it represents, like the Fwoosh (fire blowing), and the splish (water droplets), or to make the sound effect a panel of its own.  Comicing is a juggling act between style, readability, and story.

On a different note, I've signed up for Google Analytics to raise a little money for a friend in need.  She needs 2000, so if you wouldn't mind clicking on an ad each time you visit, I would really appreciate it.  I plan to remove the ads once we've raised the funds, so the faster you click, the sooner the ads are gone.

Comments