Sample Header for Comic Website


This is a cropped version of the Ready Set Go! header.  Nothing too exciting (or innovative) here, other than instead of saving it as a .gif to preserve transparency, I saved it as a PNG 24.  The header for this blog is next in my To-Do lineup.  The header was made at 900x4800, with a resolution of 300, but I intend for it to be viewed at 150x800 (with those cropped lines fading into transparency) at 72, aligned to the left.  The reason for this is that I want the header to work on monitors of all sizes, and the smallest average monitor size (save for mobile devices) is 800.  For monitors larger than that, the lines will just fade into the background color of the site, so it shouldn't be too horrible of a design choice (hopefully).  If it is, I'll just change it.  I'd love some design suggestions, as design is one of my weak points, so feel free to either email me or leave a comment at the bottom.

Comments