Hello World.

You never get a second chance to make a first impression.  Instead of straining my brain trying to come up with something witty and attention grabbing, I thought I'd introduce myself and post all of my finished digital work that I have on hand.  This blog isn't about my personal life or about in-progress or studies (those are regulated to my Livejournal) or day to day sketches (my Twitter), just my finished stuff.  I hope to have two or three pieces a week, and when I have my website set up, I'll post links and previews to comic updates.  I may occasionally talk about things that inspire me, post tutorials and crafts, and hopefully post about my progress in pursuing a career in art.






An Artist's Representation of the Artist

My name is Becca, I'm 24 years old, and I graduated from the University of New Orleans last fall.  I have a BA in Hypermedia and a minor in Environmental Science, and have spent enough time in the print lab to qualify for a minor.  My favorite media are good old fashioned graphite and paper, intaglio, watercolor, and screenprint, and I'm setting up an Etsy to sell my prints.  I've recently applied to SCAD for an MFA in Sequential Art and have yet to hear back from them, so my life is currently in limbo.  The majority of my finished pieces are either digital or print and I spend most of my time practicing with the aim of improving.  I'm interested in making friends with other artists, but am horrifically shy.
Remi, the main character of Ready Set Go!

Apparently, I have way less recently completed digital work than I thought.  The first chapter of Ready Set Go is available to download through MegaUpload  (here), my one page comic Branching Out is available here, and turnarounds for Ready Set Go are available (here).  I have three children's books completed, Cloud's Tale is available here, Little Red is available here, and the Bedtime Princess is available here.  Besides printwork, that about catches me up.

Comments