What I've Been Up To Lately

 These days, I've been doing a lot of my work digitally.  This is due to the somewhat acquisition of a Surface Pro 3, a tablet computer that features a N-trig digitizer (stylus) that works almost as well as the Wacom Intuos 4 I've used for years.  Being able to draw directly on my screen means I don't need to lug a graphics tablet around, and it means I can do everything from comic rough corrections to coloring where ever I'd like.

At first, I had issues with the side of my hand activating unwanted Photoshop functions, but I made a solution out of a white cotton glove.  I snipped all but the pinkie finger off and it was ready to go.  This cheap solution works fine, but the glove's already getting worn out, and I may end up investing in one of Jetpen's SmudgeGuard gloves soon.

Although I'd like to do fewer conventions this year than last, I do want to introduce some new things to my table, and I thought a few fanart pieces would be a fun way to do it.  The below examples were inked with a fude pen in my sketchbook, but the rest is digital.  My friend, Alex Hoffmann, did the beautiful space backgrounds.

Completed Pieces

Akane Tendo, Nattosoup, digital art, digital coloring, art from the Surface Pro 3, digital coloring with the Surface Pro 3, Becca HIllburn

Bulma Briefs, digital coloring, digital art, Nattosoup, coloring with the Surface Pro 3, Becca Hillburn

cyclops girl, cute cyclops, kawaii cyclops, monster girl, cute monster girl, digital art, digital coloring, coloring with the surface pro 3


Sailor Jupiter, Makoto Kino, fanart, Sailor Moon fanart, digital coloring, Nattosoup, Becca Hillburn, coloring on the surface Pro 3
cute witch, kawaii witch, digital art, digital coloring, surface pro 3, coloring with the surface pro 3

Usagi Tsukino, Sailor Moon, Serena, digital coloring, digital art, coloring with the Surface Pro 3


There's lots more under the cut!


Mostly Finished (or not intended for space background)

The next few images are a few of my new price signs for my convention tables.




 
Tina Belcher, Shoujo Tina Belcher, Digital coloring, coloring with the Surface Pro 3, Nattosoup, Becca Hillburn
 
Princess Tutu, Ahiru, digital art, digital coloring, coloring with the Surface Pro 3, Becca Hillburn, Nattosoup

Isabelle, Animal Crossing, digital art, digital coloring, Nattosoup, Becca Hillburn
 

 Unshaded Flats


Jem and the Holograms, digital art, Nattosoup, Becca Hillburn

Kiki, Kiki and Jiji, Studio Ghibli, Cute witch, Becca Hillburn, Nattosoup


Sweet Lolita, digital art, Becca Hillburn, Nattosoup

Urusei Yatsura, Lum, digital art, Becca Hillburn, Nattosoup

Princess Peach, Mario Bros, Becca Hillburn, Nattosoup

Card Captor Sakura, Becca Hillburn, Digital Art, Nattosoup


Comments